Justia Lawyer Rating
MSBA Badge
Maryland Association for Justice
Bar Association of Frederick County

I Lost my Job due to the Covid-19 Epidemic

I Lost My Job Due To The Coronavirus (Covid-19) Epidemic, Where I Cannot Pay Alimony. What Should I Do?

If you had a divorce, there is a Court order with regards to what you should be your obligations after the divorce. In some divorces, there are parties who are obligated to alimony to their ex-spouses in accordance to their financial situation. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the court order continues until it is terminated or modified by one the of the parties. It means you are still responsible to pay your ex-spouse. On the other hand, you can take steps to protect yourself if you do have the ability to pay.

Are you forced out of your job due to the Covid-19 crisis? Do you own a small business which is forced to closed due to the Governor’s order? Does your business limit the number of people in your business according to the Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and there is a reduction of business because of it? Do you have to quarantine yourself because you are exposed to someone who has Covid-19 or you care for patients who is infected with the Covid-19 illness?

It depends on your financial circumstances and/or your change in wages or reduction of hours or business that you can be eligible for a modification of alimony. Contact the Soubra Law Firm at 301-219-5038 to talk about your situation.

As your Frederick Covid-19 Modification of Alimony Attorney, the Law Firm is here to serve Frederick, Montgomery, Washington, and Carroll Counties as well as the remaining Maryland area. The Firm would like to be your Covid-19 Modification of Alimony Lawyer.

Client Reviews

Very courteous when I inquired about representation.

Cessaly D. Hutchinson

I was recently involved in an automobile accident which resulted in my car being declared a total loss. In addition, I spent some time receiving medical care. Following an attempt to seek compensation from the responsible party’s insurance company, I realized that I needed to obtain legal help to...


Helped me fight some bogus case that md didn't have jurisdiction over and he's very friendly and approachable oh and did I mention affordable? Best lawyer I've met in a long time!!!!


Get in Touch

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Over 15 Years of Experience
  3. 3 Personal Attention to Your Case

Fill out the contact form or call us at 301-219-5038 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message